On Wednesday, September 9th, in Utrecht (the Netherlands), in association with iDTP, our European implementation partner, we are conducting a one day DITA training that will help you better organize and manage your DITA projects.
This course is intended for those technical communicators who are already familiar with DITA and want to improve their efficiency in organizing and managing DITA content.
By the end of the training day, you will be able to:
- Identify the most effective ways to organize your content in maps
- Use keyref’s and conkeyref’s to manage variable content
- Understand which method that should be used in each particular case
- Build a version control strategy
- Organize source and translated projects
The course assumes that you are already familiar with DITA.
Each attendee will receive a FREE copy of DITAToo DITA CMS (value of $950) with a FREE 6-months maintenance plan. DITAToo is an easy-to-use and easy-to-implement content management system that automates and facilitates many of DITA-related tasks that you have to do every day, including search, tracking content reuse, managing links, publishing, managing content variations, controlling versions, managing translations, and much more.
- Organizing topics into maps:
- What a DITA map represents
- Keeping everything in a single map vs. creating a separate map per deliverable
- Working with variables using keyref’s
- Handling content variations:
- Keyref vs. conref
- Conkeyref vs. keyref
- Conditional attributes vs. conkeyref
- Managing versions:
- Version control strategies
- Version control tools
- What version control can and cannot do. Version control vs. content management system
- Using baselines to control releases
- Translating DITA content:
- Organizing the source and translated content without a content management system
- Organizing non-localizable content
- Using baselines for translations
- Using keyref’s for managing localizable strings (e.g., user interface labels)
The cost is 250 euro per attendee, including lunch. To register, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com