DITAToo DITA Component Content Management Sysem (DITA CCMS) provides a complete set of features that you need to effectively manage your DITA content.
- Use DITA 1.1, DITA 1.2, or DITA 1.3
- Store specialized topics and maps in the repository – DITAToo correctly recognizes them.
- Author content in any DITA-aware editor.
- Convert MS Word documents to DITA using the built-in Word-to-DITA converter.
- Upload subjectScheme maps to the repository.
- Store content, including text, images, and multimedia, in a central database-driven repository.
- Access the repository from remote computers.
- Organize content in a folder structure.
- Manage who can access the repository and what actions each user can perform.
- Find topics you need using various types of search, including metadata-based and full-text search.
- Work with the DITAToo repository from any location without experiencing
- Access the DITAToo content repository through Windows Explorer.
- Check-in/check-out files, view version history, and change the workflow state in Windows Explorer.
- Open files stored in the DITAToo content repository directly from any application.
- Integrate the DITAToo content repository with any tool, whether it’s MS Word, DITA editor, Visio, Photoshop, Notepad, or anything else.
- Run global operations, like global find-and-replace, on files stored in the DITAToo content repository.
- Access translations.
- Perform batch processing of files stored in DITAToo repository.
- Create a list of tags that content authors can use to tag files and projects.
- Tag projects and filter them by tags.
- Tag any files stored in the repository and search by tags.
- Create and edit DITA maps from within DITAToo – no DITA editor is required.
- Pick up topics you need and add them into any of the existing DITA maps or create a new one.
- Create and edit relationship tables.
- Upload DITA maps from your computer – the map structure and relationship tables are preserved.
- If required, download a DITA map from DITAToo to your computer for local editing and publishing.
- Move files around the repository, rename files, and change the folder structure of the repository without worrying about broken links – DITAToo updates links automatically.
- Get automatic warnings when deleting files which are currently used in projects or in other files.
- Don’t worry about dependencies – when uploading or downloading files, DITAToo automatically detects linked files and uploads or downloads them all together.
- See where each topic is reused.
- Find unused topics.
- See to which files a topic refers.
- Find broken links.
Editing and Creating Topics
- Specify an XML editor to be used for editing topics – DITAToo automatically checks out a topic and opens it in your editor.
- Add links from a topic you are editing in a desktop XML editor to any file stored in the repository.
- Create new topics from within DITAToo.
- Publish through the DITA Open Toolkit (DITA OT).
- Publish to a wide variety of output formats, including PDF, HTML, Word, CHM, and Eclipse Help, from a single source.
- Use your DITA OT customizations for publishing, as required.
- Specify conditional content to be included into each deliverable – DITAToo automatically generates .ditaval files.
- Store combinations of conditional attributes and their values as publishing profiles. A publishing profile defines the conditional content to be exposed in a deliverable.
- When publishing a project, specify the content to be exposed by manually specifying values of conditional attributes or selecting a ready publishing profile.
- Generate a DITAVAL file from a publishing profile for publishing outside DITAToo.
- Download all files, including the map, topics, graphics, and DITAVAL files, to a local drive in a few clicks for publishing outside DITAToo.
Conversion from MS Word to DITA
- Convert legacy content from MS Word 2003, 2007, and 2010 to DITA.
- Convert even unstyled Word documents to valid DITA – no pre-cleanup is required.
- Get MS Word content automaticaly converted to DITA concepts or tasks – DITAToo automatically identifies information types in your MS Word documents.
Conversion from Text Files to DITA
- Convert Plain Text to DITA.
- Specify the target DITA information type for each file.
- Get numbered lists converted to either steps or ol depending on the information type you elected.
- Lock a file to prevent anyone else making changes when you are working on it.
- Keep track of versions for each file.
- Store comments on changes made in each version.
- Branch a current version or older versions of a topic or an entire project.
- Compare versions.
- View to which languages each DITA topic is already translated.
- View translations to which languages are still missing.
- Receive a notification every time a DITA topic in the source language is updated and viewing translations in which languages need to be updated.
- View the list of topics included into a DITA map with the indication of the translation status of each of them.
- Preview the contents of a DITA topic in a selected language.
- Select a language in which you want to publish a DITA map.
- Receive a notification when a project that you want to publish includes non-translated topics.
- Search for translated, non-translated content, and content whose translations should be updated.
Tight Integration with Adobe FrameMaker 11, 12, and 2015
- Access the DITAToo content repository from within the FrameMaker user interface.
- Check-in/check-out files without leaving the FrameMaker environment.
- Create new folders in the DITAToo content repository directly from FrameMaker.
- Move and rename files in the DITAToo content repository from within FrameMaker while DITAToo updates all links automatically.
- Add links to files and insert images stored in the DITAToo content repository.
- See where each topic is used directly in FrameMaker.
Release Management (available as a separate module)
- Create a snapshot (known as baseline) of any project to freeze its state.
- Upload a translation to the latest version or to a baseline.
- Publish or download the latest version of the project or any baseline.
Workflow Management (available as a separate module)
- Create as many workflow states as you need.
- Define actions to be triggered (for example, sending a notification email) when a file
enters this state.
- Define actions that cannot be done (for example, deleting a file) on the file while it is
in this state.
- Move files to workflow states.
- Assign a file to a user.
- Search by workflow states and assignments.